Why Does The Company Gather Personal Information?
We continually strive to improve the Website based upon feedback that we receive from our customers and users. As such, the personal information that we learn from our customers, clients, and visitors, is used to improve our Website, personalize your experience, and to improve customer service. Furthermore, we may use the personal information identified below to process transactions, and send periodic emails. Nevertheless, your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or otherwise given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service, or as described herein. Any email address that you provide may be used to process order(s), to send you information and/or updates regarding your order(s), and to keep you informed of and up to date with news about the Website, Emily Shutt, and/or any related products or service information. We may send emails containing newsletters, promotions, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such messages, you always have to option to opt out or change your preferences (other than those for receipt of services or products).
Information We May Collect
We collect personal information from you so that we can provide you with a positive experience when utilizing our Website or content. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfill our obligation to you. We may collect:
1. A name and an email address so we can deliver our newsletter to you – you would be affirmatively consenting to this by providing this to us in our contact forms.
2. Billing information including name, address and credit card information so that we can process payment to deliver our products or services to you under our contractual obligation.
3. A name and an email address if you complete our contact form with a question. We may send you marketing emails with either your consent or if we believe we have a legitimate interest to contact you based on your contact or question.
Please note that the information above (“Personal Data”) that you are giving to us is voluntarily, and by you providing this information to us you are giving consent for us to use, collect and process this Personal Data. You are welcome to opt-out or request for us to delete your Personal Data at any point by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Data, you may not be able to participate in certain aspects of our Website or content.
Other Information We May Collect:
A. Anonymous Data Collection and Use
To maintain our Website’s high quality, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website by identifying which areas of the Website are most heavily used, and to display content according to your preferences. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet. This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you but is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services. Traffic data collection does not follow a user’s activities on any other websites in any way. Anonymous traffic data may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.
B. Use of “Cookies”
We may use the standard “cookies” feature of major web browsers. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data-capture mechanisms on our Website other than cookies. You may choose to disable cookies through your own web browser’s settings. However, disabling this function may diminish your experience on our Website and some features may not work as intended.
What We Do With Information We Collect
A. Contact You
We may contact you with information that you provide to us based on these lawful grounds for processing:
1. We may contact you if you give us your clear, unambiguous, affirmative consent to contact you.
2. We will contact you under our contractual obligation to deliver goods or services you purchase from us.
3. Legitimate Interest. We may contact you if we feel you have a legitimate interest in hearing from us. For example, if you sign up for a webinar, we may send you marketing emails based on the content of that webinar. You will always have the option to opt out of any of our emails.
B. Process Payments
We will use the Personal Data you give to us in order to process your payment for the purchase of goods or services under a contract. We only use third party payment processors that take the utmost care in securing data and comply with the GDPR.
C. Targeted Social Media Advertisements
We may use the data you provide to us to run social media advertisements and / or create look-alike audiences for advertisements.
D. Share with Third Parties
We may share your information with trusted third parties such as our newsletter provider in order to contact you via email, our merchant accounts to process payments, and Google / social media accounts in order to run advertisements and our affiliates.
Viewing by Others
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Data available for viewing by others online through this Website or its content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comment on a blog post, posting in a Facebook group that we manage, sharing details on a group coaching call, etc.).
Submission, Storage, Sharing and Transferring of Personal Data
Personal Data that you provide to us is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data (i.e., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors or team members).
We retain your Personal Data for the minimum amount of time necessary to provide you with the information and / or services that you requested from us. We may include certain Personal Data for longer periods of time if necessary for legal, contractual and accounting obligations.
Information That You Provide to the Company
You provide most information when you search, buy, post, or communicate with us. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through the Website or one of our third-party sellers; provide information for your order, account, and/or profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire; use our services; participate in discussion or community features; or provide and rate reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number(s); e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description; and financial information.
To use certain features of the Website or its content, you may need a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and you are responsible for all activities, whether by you or by others, that occur under your username or password and within your account. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your Personal Data at your own risk.
You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized or improper use of your username or password or any other breach of security. To help protect against unauthorized or improper use, make sure that you log out at the end of each session requiring your username and password.
We will use our best efforts to keep your username and password(s) private and will not otherwise share your password(s) without your consent, except as necessary when the law requires it or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary, particularly when disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to others or interfering with our rights or property.
How You Can Access, Update or Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to:
1. Request information about how your Personal Data is being used and request a copy of what Personal Data we use.
2. Restrict processing if you think the Personal Data is not accurate, unlawful, or no longer needed.
3. Rectify or erase Personal Data and receive confirmation of the rectification or erasure. (You have the “right to be forgotten”).
4. Withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your Personal Data.
5. Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel we are using your Personal Data unlawfully.
6. Receive Personal Data portability and transference to another controller without our hinderance.
7. Object to our use of your Personal Data.
8. Not be subject to an automated decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which legally or significantly affects you.
You may unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all email communications. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact us at email@example.com.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data you provide to us from misuse, disclosure or unauthorized access. We only share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who use the same level of care in processing your Personal Data. That being said, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will always be secure due to technology or security breaches. Should there be a data breach of which we are aware, we will inform you immediately.
We have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information. We will not sell, rent or share your email address.
Information From Third Parties
We may obtain information about you from third parties. For example, if you access the Website through a third-party (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc…) by “following” and/or “liking” our Website, and/or Emily Shutt, the relevant third party may transfer certain information about how you use its service. This information can include, but is not limited to, your relevant user ID, information that you have permitted said third party to share with us, and any information that you have made public in connection with that service. As such, it is a good idea to always review and adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and/or services before connecting to another product or service.
Other examples of information that we receive from third parties include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we can use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information; purchase or redemption information; and/or any financial information that we can obtain to help prevent and detect fraud.
We may link to other websites on our Website. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any other individual, company or entity whose website or materials may be linked to our Website or its content, and thus we cannot be held liable for the privacy of the information on their website or that you voluntarily share with their website. Please review their privacy policies for guidelines as to how they respectively store, use and protect the privacy of your Personal Data.
Information about Cookies
Cookies are unique identifiers that are transferred from a given website to a device in order to recognize the user and provide relevant features. We may use the standard “cookies” feature of major web browsers. We do not set any Confidential Information in cookies, nor do we employ any data-capture mechanisms on our Website other than cookies. You may choose to disable cookies through your own web browser’s settings. However, disabling this function may diminish your experience on the Website and some features of our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials may not work as intended. We have no access to or control over any information collected by other individuals, companies or entities whose website or materials may be linked to our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials.
Does the Company Sell Any Of The Information That It Receives?
The simple answer is “no.” Information from and about our customers is a cherished part of our business, and we do not sell any of our customers’ personal information to others. As such, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. However, we may share your information as noted below:
- Third Parties: In rare cases, the Company employs other companies or individuals to perform (or help perform) certain functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, search results, or links, processing credit card information, and/or providing customer service. In doing so, we might share your information with third-party business partners for the purpose of providing our products and/or services to you. However, such third-parties will be given limited access to your information, only as is reasonably necessary to deliver the product or service, and will never receive your information for any other purpose. Furthermore, we will always require any such third-party to adhere to this Privacy Notice, or operate under a similar policy.
- User Content: Any user content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to our services and/or Website may become available to the public and unable to be removed, except by the Company in its sole discretion. Once posted on the Website, such user content may not be removable from public view, as copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Website, on other sites that have republished us, or if other users have copied or saved that information. If you do not wish your content to be available to the public, please do not post it on the Website.
- Non-Identifiable Information: Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Email Address(es): If you enter an email address, you will be able to communicate with the Company, and possibly with other users. If you reply to users or participate in group meetings, your email address might be shared with these other users.
- Change Of Control: In the unlikely event that we buy or sell/divest/transfer the company, the Website, any of our products, services, assets, or any portion thereof (including any shares in our company), your personal information might be among the content that is sold and/or otherwise transferred in this type of a deal.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set forth herein and above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties. In these cases, you will have an opportunity to instruct us to not share the information, or any portion thereof.
How Does the Company Protect Your Information?
We employ various security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order, or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information that you provide. Such information is only accessible to those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are always required to keep such information in confidence. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Advertisements And Links To Other Websites
Occasionally, our Website will include third-party advertising or links to other websites. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies, including differing terms regarding the usage and retention of cookies, and sharing of personal information. As such, we have no control over, responsibility for, or liability because of the activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites. Some third-parties may provide us information about you (such as the sites where you have been shown ads or demographic information) from offline and online sources that we may use to provide you more relevant and useful advertising. However, we do not provide any personal information to advertisers or to third party sites that display ads or links on our Website.
What Choices Do You Have About Your Information?
As discussed above, you can always choose to not provide certain information (unless required for the particular transaction), even though it might be needed or beneficial to make a purchase or take advantage of certain features.
At any time, you may update your account information and e-mail communication by contacting us through the relevant channel. You can stop receiving promotion email communications by following the steps to “unsubscribe” contained in any such email. We make every reasonable effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. If you have any questions about opting out of any such emails, please contact us directly.
If you are at all concerned with the usage and retention of cookies, it is a good idea to disable this function. The “Help” feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its relevant manufacturer.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. As such, we do not sell products or services for purchase by children, and any product or service that might be relevant to or beneficial for a child is only offered on our Website for sale to adults. If you are under 18 years of age, you may only use the Website and/or any product, service, or portion thereof with the involvement and under the supervision of a parent or guardian. Furthermore, we are in compliance with the requirements of Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation of the EU), and we do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our Website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old or older.
Conditions, Notices, and Revisions
As noted above, by using the Website and/or purchasing any products or services offered hereunder, you consent to the terms of and practices detailed in this Privacy Notice. Furthermore, your visit to this Website, and any dispute over privacy that might arise pursuant to your use of this Website, are subject to this Privacy Notice. If you have any concern about privacy at the Company, please contact us with a thorough description of your concern(s), and we will try to resolve it if possible.
Data Controller and Processors
We are the data controllers as we are collecting and using your Personal Data. We use trusted third parties as our data processors for technical and organizational purposes, including for payments and email marketing. We use reasonable efforts to make sure our data processors are GDPR- compliant.
Last Updated: June 2018